the deep, deep thoughts of a gentleman who listens to lots of music, plays lots of music and generally likes lots of music... and might write about it from time to time

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Mad Dog goD daM

I've given it some thought and reached a conclusion:

For the time-being, as an experiment of sorts, I will do my best to post here everyday. I can only assume no one is reading this, unless they a) are randomly directed here via the "Next Blog" button up to the right there, or b) took a chance with "gringostar-dot-blogspot-dot-etc", cuz I've used that "handle" for years now. With that in mind (and with the likelihood of me telling people this is here at some point in mind), I think I may be able to write without any kind of self-censorship. Not that I have any deep, dark secrets that I'm keeping from anyone, but if I've got a beef, I'm gonna... um... grill it? regardless of who might be... um... a vegetarian? Man, this is going nowhere. Let's move on, shall we?

Nothing monumental today. I stopped at CD World on my way home and browsed for close to an hour, killing time cuz I knew Kary wouldn't be home until at least 7. I was about ready to leave when I decided to peruse the "other" used section... the one that has the CDs arranged in no particular order, apart from a card separating the As from the Bs, etc. Tori Amos' "best of" for $9.99... with a bonus DVD of some videos. There's 2 songs that weren't on any of her previous albums. Hmm. Pass. Fantomas' "Director's Cut" (all covers of movie soundtracks songs) for $8.99. I've been looking for it, but that's kinda steep. Pass. I was ready to go when I decided to give the Es a look-see. I so often bypass the Es, cuz there ain't a whole lotta bands I listen to or am even aware of... ELO; Eels; Eleventh Dream Day... Ooh! What's this? Elastica's "Menace", the log-delayed 2nd album. For $.99! That's ninety-nine cents! I don't think it was even released in the States. *grab* I'm listening to it now. It's got more electronics than the first album... much less attitude, but I'm digging it. Justine's voice is what makes an Elastica song an Elastica song.

I customized the blog template and gave myself a logo. It's more "me" now. There are so many other things I should be doing with my free time... things that have to be done (like web design work; wedding invitation caricatures; actual 9-5 work that I'm getting paid for) as opposed to things I just want to do (like futz with a blog design that no one but me will see). I'm pretty happy with it, though. It was a little too cheery. Now it's... I dunno. Just more "me".

I guess that's it for now. If you're reading this, feel free to comment, if only to let me know someone's out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home