the deep, deep thoughts of a gentleman who listens to lots of music, plays lots of music and generally likes lots of music... and might write about it from time to time

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Take Hold Of The Lame

Kary and I met up with our friend Mike Jaffe this evening for pizza and beer at Pete & Elda's, one of the Jersey Shore area's finest eating establishments. Mike is up from his current home of Florida, "passing the baton" over to the people taking over the position he has recently given notice to (he worked from home for a company here in NJ). He's doing some part time work, but the main reason he quit the job up here is that he will be working full time for Jib Jab, the people that brought you the "This Land Is Your Land" cartoon during the election last year. Mike has been friends with the brothers for years, and has maintained their website since it went up with just a few Flash cartoons and the "Fart Waffle". They've got a pilot deal with NBC and it's looking pretty good to be picked up as a series. Keep your fingers crossed for these Jersey guys, and watch the pilot when it airs soon (it's called "Earth News Now"... that's all I can tell you). They're real talented, and I know for a fact that Mike's a good guy and deserves the best in life.

We talked about tons of stuff, from Mini Coopers to real estate investments, but mostly we talked about the local characters and the usual nonsense they get themselves into. F'rinstance, I caught Mike up on the various band dramas that have been going on, mostly with a Beatles cover band I had been rehearsing with. It didn't last long before I politely removed myself from the situation, but not before Eric, the bass player, quit not once but twice. That pretty much clinched it for me. The whole project was too unstable to invest any serious time to, so I bailed.

There was a new South Park on tonight that I missed, but it's on again at midnight, so I have that to look forward to. I also picked up a new Ben & Jerry's flavor... Dave Matthews Band Magic Brownies... vanilla ice cream with fudge brownies and a raspberry swirl. Works for me, apart from the Dave Matthews involvement. I mean, is that really necessary? Would it have escaped peoples' attention without Mr. Matthews' name on it? I think not. I'll bust it open when South Park comes on. Sweet.

It did not escape me that I made a proclamation earlier on this blog that mine would not rely on "clever links and vitriol", then 2 days later, I post a vitriolic rant with a link. OK, the link wasn't clever, and the rant was not particularly venomous, but it was something that I promised myself I wouldn't rely on. Well, as you can tell from this entry, I'm making up for contradicting myself by writing an especially dull post. I appreciate it if you've made it this far, but seriously... you must have something better to do.

I could go on, but chances are I've lost you all by now, so I will wrap it up with this, the greatest album ever... or at least on March 9, 2005:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home