the deep, deep thoughts of a gentleman who listens to lots of music, plays lots of music and generally likes lots of music... and might write about it from time to time

Thursday, August 18, 2005

You wanna know what I'm angry about?

Disfuckingcourteousfuckingdrivers.

I drive approximately 70 miles a day, and in those 70 miles I encounter no less than 3 complete buttheads on the road. Now, I'm not so far gone that I don't realize that some of the blame should be laid at my own gas-peddlin' feet... I've actually allowed for those instances, and I still come up with "no less than 3 complete buttheads".

I realize I'm not the first to complain about schmucks on the road, and I won't be the last, but some things just need to be said, on the off chance said schmuck is reading.

If 3 lanes are merging into 2 lanes... oh, say 100 yards ahead... you should NOT lurch forward to block the guy to your right (me) from getting in front of you. It's not a fucking race. There's no prize for being first, especially since, chances are, I'll be ahead of you a half mile up the road.

And you. The guy that thinks it's perfectly fine to get on the Parkway and scoot across 2 or 3 lanes of traffic. Those solid white lines (yes, even the diagonal ones) are there for a reason. You're doing 40. I'm doing 70. If you get in front of me, I will have to step on my brakes, and I don't like to step on my brakes. And it just makes it worse if you continue on into the next lane and cut some other poor sod off. Look, I understand that you have EZPass and the sign says "Cash Right Lane Only", but if you really paid attention, you'd notice that there are EZPass lanes to the right, too. Hell, you can go through any lane your dyslexic heart desires, but you've got plenty of time to decide. There's no reason for you to endanger my and everyone else's life.

And speaking of EZPass...

There's a certain phenomenon that occurs on the Garden State Parkway that I feel the need to point out. At the Raritan Toll Plaza, if you know you're going to be getting off at Exit 123, there is no excuse for you to be using the EZPass lane that is all the way to the left. You will inevitably be drifting across 4 of 5 lanes of heavy traffic to get over so you can get off. There are EZfuckingPass lanes all over that fucking toll plaza. Stay to the right. Same goes for you Express Lane junkies. If you know you'll need to be on the left, then use the toll booth to the left. It's pretty simple, really.

Common sense. It's not so common.

You wanna know what else I'm angry about?











Tough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home